Ready to kick off the semester with WWC?
On behalf of the WWC officers, thanks for a great Fall 2014 semester! We hope you survived the 1st week of classes. 🙂 As you know by now, our VP Kara Schrader has graduated, so we’re ringing in the new year with a new VP (Mito Are) and secretary (Esther Goldstein).
We hope you’re as excited as we are for the upcoming semester!
Here are some upcoming events:
- First General Meeting- It’s almost time for the first general meeting of the semester! Join us on January 20th for pizza and some fun as we discuss our plans for the spring. It will be at 7pm in ECSS 3.503. Hope to see you there!
- Hack_UTD…is this weekend! If you weren’t able to register, you can still register for Hack DFW, which is February 28th-March 1st. If you’ve never done a hackathon before, now is the time to start!
- The Color Run- We’re going to be volunteering at The Color Run, a 5K that’s in Dallas on March 28th. It’s a great volunteering opportunity and a LOT of fun! If you’re interested, please follow the link on our Facebook page or at the bottom of this email to register. Hurry because we have only a limited number of spots!
- MOVIE NIGHT!! Are you interested in seeing The Imitation Game? Come watch it with WWC on January 22nd @ 10pm at the Angelika Film Center in Plano. RSVP by joining the WWC Movie Night event on Facebook or by responding to this email.
- AT&T Hackathon-Dr. Andrea Fumagalli is making the preparations for the AT&T Hackathon, which is scheduled to run January 30th-31st. He is especially interested in including first-year students in CE, CS, and EE. The project is related to the Internet of Things and will be held at the Research Center for AT&T at the Foundry located near campus. Each team for the Hackathon will consist of an CE, CS and EE major.
Let us know if you would like to participate; we might be able to make an all-girls team!
Just a reminder:
- 2015-2016 Scholarships for Women Studying Information Security (SWSIS): Applications are due February 15, 2015. Find more information at www.swsis.org.